This interactive workshop, geared toward early educators (PreK and Kindergarten teachers, childcare providers, parents) will engage you in learning that will immediately benefit you and the young children you work and live with. Topics include:
- The Science of the Reading Brain
- Phonological Awareness, Phonemic Awareness, and Phonics: What's the Difference?
- Phoneme Isolation in Practice
- Hands-On Phonological Awareness Activity
- Red Flags: Signs that it is not "Developmental"
Co-sponsored by Educational Solutions, CNY (www.educationalsolutionscny.com) and The Reading League (www.thereadingleague.com), this evidence-based, informative event will be presented by Dr. Sheila Clonan and Kelli Johnson, both of whom have decades of expertise and experience in literacy development and instruction/ intervention, as well as teaching, professional development, assessment (and parenting!).
* Earn 2.5 hours of CTLE credit!
*Coffee and a light breakfast/snacks provided!
Check us out at http://www.educationalsolutionscny.com/
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Dr. Sheila Clonan at email@example.com with any questions.